top of page

The Right Insulation for Your New Construction or Renovation Product

Insulation comes in a variety of forms: how do you know which is right for your new construction or renovation project?

The ability of insulation to hold in warmth in winter (and keep an area cool in summer) is measured by an “R-value.” The higher the R-value, the better the insulation resists heat flow. Some insulation comes with a life-time guarantee, so that if the insulation settles and offers less protection over time, it can be replaced without cost to the homeowner.

Spray or blow-in insulation is great for filling spots around pipes (as shown in the photo) and in hard to reach places like attics; it can also be installed over existing insulation. Rolls and bats (also shown in the photo) are great where long runs of insulation are needed in walls or floors.

Different types of insulation are best for special circumstances:

Foam insulation is the only product that does not allow any air at all to pass through; but it’s not always cost-effective or even necessary to have air impenetrable insulation (for example, between rooms). Fiberglass and foam-glass insulation are the best at keeping out pests, like insects and rodents. Some insulation also has the ability to retard fire, whether naturally or after chemical treatment. Poor installation can cancel out all those benefits, including lowering the R-value. That’s why it’s important to have a professional installer for your insulation. If you’re struggling to find the right insulation and the right installer for your new construction or renovation, contact me at WORKS by Jesse DeBenedictis. Helping homeowners is what WORKS does best.

#construction #Insulation #Renovation #WorksbyJesseDeBenedictis

0 views0 comments
bottom of page